- Full-time technical/clerical/support position at publicly trusted certificate authority (CA)
- Houston, Texas (Upper Kirby area)
Position and Responsibilities
The Validation Specialist is responsible for vetting documentation submitted by SSL.com customers for OV and EV certificate orders in an efficient and timely manner, while maintaining strict compliance with Web Trust requirements. Secondarily, this position also involves fielding support calls and chats when necessary. This position is considered an SSL.com “Trusted Role,” and the Validation Specialist’s decisions, actions, and reasoning are all accountable to Web Trust auditors. This is a full-time position at SSL.com’s Houston office, and may require occasional work outside usual office hours. To be successful in this position, the Validation Specialist:
- Must be broadly familiar with the Internet environment and commonly-used applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
- Must be efficient and organized, capable of tracking and following up on multiple certificate orders in any given time.
- Must be capable of strictly applying SSL.com vetting and security procedures to maintain Web Trust compliance. At the same time, the position may occasionally require interpretation of these guidelines, and the Validation Specialist will be expected to apply their own reasoning and be prepared to defend it.
- Must project a calm, professional, and helpful demeanor at all times when working with customers. The position of Validation Specialist is customer-facing and requires the abilities to help certificate applicants work through technical problems, and to communicate clearly about technical issues.
- Must be able to collaborate professionally with other members of SSL.com’s Support and Validation teams.
- Must be able to take customer support calls and chats as necessary.
- Associates’ degree in computer science or related field
- One year of full-time customer service, auditing/validation, or other relevant experience
- Strong familiarity with the Internet environment and commonly-used office software (MS Office, Adobe Acrobat)
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Highly organized, efficient, and able to follow strict validation procedures
- Professional demeanor and communication skills
- Must be able to pass a background check and show proof of education
If justified, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements above.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Fluency in a second language
- Previous experience in a trusted role at a certificate authority or other position subject to third-party audits