It is important to understand what information you need to provide in order for our team to finish processing your order for an SSL server certificate.
You must make sure that the following items consistently match in order to have your server certificate order processed:
- The Registrant listed in the InterNIC/WHOIS records for the domain name in question
- The Organization appearing in your “Proof of Organization” documents or DUNS number
- The Organization entered into the CSR (Certificate Signing Request)
- If any of the above items do not match or are not submitted, the processing of your certificate request will be delayed further.
If you were instructed to submit additional documentation, please submit your Proof of Organization information by email to email@example.com or fax 1-832-201-7706. Please include your business and domain name in all communications. We can also be reached by regular mail at:
SSL (United States)
Attn: Customer Services Department
3100 Richmond Ave Ste 503
Houston, TX 77098
Acceptable documents for Proof of Organization include:
- DUNS number (Dun and Bradstreet)
- Articles of Incorporation
- Business License
- Doing Business As (DBA) registration
- Partnership documentation
- Sole Proprietorship documentation
- If you represent a Government Department, Non-Profit Organization, or a University, then you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of your information must be received by SSL.com before your order can be completed. Once you have submitted these documents, they will not be required again unless the organization or common name changes.
In addition, we may contact your state or local government to confirm that your organization is in “Good Standing.”