Using your SSL.com account portal, it is possible to pre-validate a domain name before generating a certificate signing request (CSR) and ordering certificates. Domain validation is scoped to teams, so any team member can order certificates for a pre-validated domain. To pre-validate a domain:
1. Log into your SSL.com account and go to the Domains tab
2. Type the domain name you wish to add in the field under Input domain name(s), then click the Add button. Note: you may enter more than one domain, separated by commas or spaces.
3. The new domain will now be shown as Pending Validation in the list of domains.
4. While SSL.com supports several domain validation (DV) methods, only the email challenge response method is applicable to pre-validation without a CSR. Email challenge response requires that you have access to one of the acceptable email addresses for domain validation:
- Any email address in the WHOIS record for the domain that is visible to SSL.com
5. Check the box next to the domain name you wish to validate, and then click the validate by email code button. Alternately, you may simply check the Pending Validation link in the Status column, as email challenge response is the default DV method.
6. On the page that appears, check the checkbox next to the domain, then choose the email address for validation from the drop-down menu.
7. Click the Validate button.
8. You will receive an email with a validation code and link. Click the link.
9. On the web page that opens, enter the validation code and click the Submit button.
10. If everything has gone correctly, your domain is now pre-validated and team members can order certificates for any host in the domain (e.g.
If you have questions about domain pre-validation or any other topic related to PKI and digital certificates, please contact us by email at Support@SSL.com, call 1-SSL-Certificate (1-775-237-8434), or simply click the chat button at the bottom right of this page. And, as always, thank you for choosing SSL.com!