This how-to will walk you through installing an SSL/TLS certificate in IIS. These procedures were tested on Windows 10 in IIS 10, but will also work in IIS 7.x and 8.x.
1. Download the signed certificate from your SSL.com account. First, locate the order in your SSL.com account and click one of the download links.
2. Next, click the download link to the right of Microsoft IIS (*.p7b) in the certificate downloads table.
3. Start IIS Manager. One quick way to do this is by opening the Run command, then typing
inetmgr and clicking the OK button.
4. Select the server in the Connections pane, on the left side of the window.
5. Double-click the Server Certificates icon, located under IIS in the center pane of the window.
6. Click Complete Certificate Request… in the Actions pane, on the right side of the window.
7. The Complete Certificate Request wizard will appear. First, click the button labeled “…” to open the file open dialog box.
8. Navigate to the
.p7b file you downloaded from SSL.com. Note that you will have to change the drop-down menu to the right of the File name field from
*.* to see the file.
9. Click the Open button.
10. Next, enter a memorable name for the certificate in the Friendly name field (here we are simply entering the certificate’s common name).
11. Select Web Hosting from the certificate store selection drop-down menu.
12. Click the OK button.
Thank you for choosing SSL.com! If you have any questions, please contact us by email at Support@SSL.com, call 1-877-SSL-SECURE, or just click the chat link at the bottom right of this page.