SSL.com wishes to give you the knowledge you need to manage your security architecture. Below are instructions for removing an unwanted root certificate in Internet Explorer. (If you wish to disable rather than remove a certificate see our instructions for doing this in Microsoft Management Console.) Note that you may need to run Internet Explorer with Administrator privileges to perform this task.
To Remove a Root Certificate in IE:
1. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner.
2. Select “Internet options” from the dropdown menu.
3. In the Internet Options panel, select the “Content” tab, then click the Certificates button.
4. In the Certificates panel, click the “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” tab and select the certificate you wish to remove. To actually delete the highlighted certificate, click the Remove button.
5. Internet Explorer will now remind you that deleting a certificate can do Very Bad Things. To verify removal of the certificate, click Yes.
Your target certificate is now removed from the certificate store. SSL.com reminds you – a safer internet is a better internet!