- SSL.com ships document signing certificates on YubiKey FIPS USB tokens. Make sure the YubiKey is inserted in your computer.
- Open the document that you want to sign in Acrobat Reader.
- Select the Tools tab.
- Click Certificates.
- Click Digitally Sign.
- Click the OK button to dismiss the dialog box that appears. You can check Do not show this message again to prevent it from appearing in the future.
- Use your mouse or trackpad to draw a box where you’d like the signature to appear.
- A dialog box will appear. Select the certificate you wish to use for signing, then click the Continue button.
- Click the Sign button. You may also optionally choose to lock the document after signing at this point.
- In the dialog box that opens, enter a filename for the signed PDF, then click the Save button.
- Enter the PIN for your hardware token, then click the OK button.
- You’re all finished! The document has been digitally signed.
Sign a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader
Related How Tos
Subscribe to SSL.com’s Newsletter
What is SSL/TLS?
Subscribe To SSL.com’s Newsletter
Don’t miss new articles and updates from SSL.com