Validation of a domain name expires after 820 days, after which it must be revalidated. Here’s how to renew an expired domain validation, so you and your team members can continue ordering certificates from SSL.com.
- Go to the Domains tab in your user account and identify the expired validation.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the domain name and click the Save button.
- You should see an alert that the domain name has been added, and a status of
Pending Validationfor the domain.
- Select the checkbox to the left of the domain name and choose a domain validation (DV) method (cname/file upload or email code). (Please see our domain validation FAQ for full details of the available methods.)
- Continue the domain validation process via your chosen method.
- After validation is complete, your domain should show 820 days remaining before revalidation is required.