1. Go to the product page for Business Email, Client Authentication, and Document Signing Certificates and click the Buy Now button.
2. Choose a duration for your certificate and click the Add to Cart button to add the certificate to your shopping cart.
3. In the shopping cart, you can change the quantity of certificates, remove them from your cart, or return to shopping with the Shop More button. When your order is complete and correct, click Checkout.
4. If you are not already logged into your SSL.com account or do not have an account yet, you will be prompted to login or create a new account at the Checkout screen. If you have an account, select I do and I want to log in now, enter your username and password, then click the Next >> button.
5. If you do not have an SSL.com account, select I do NOT but I want to create one, fill in the requested information (username, email address, password, and billing information), then click the Next >> button.
6. If your account contains existing funds, they will be applied to your purchase. If your account does not contain sufficient funds, you will be prompted to add more. Click the Next >> button when your account has sufficient funds to complete the transaction.
7. If your order has been successfully placed, you will see a green bar near the top of the browser window, reading “Order successfully placed. Click here to finish processing your ssl.com certificates.” Click the link, or the green order number beginning with “co-” in the order details.
8. On the screen that opens, find your certificate order and then click the provide info link, located in the Action column. (Note: if you clicked the green button with your order number in step 7, this step will be skipped and you will go straight to step 9, below.)
9. Enter your company’s name and contact information, and an administrative contact (Note: you will be entering the name and email address of the actual recipient of the certificate in the next step). To save your information for re-use, check the Save to Identity Manager checkbox. If you have previously saved registration information that you would like to re-use, you can select it from the Saved Registrants drop-down menu. When you are finished entering applicant information, click the Next >> button.
10. Now enter the first name, last name, and email address for the recipient (the person whose name will be on the certificate). You can use previously-saved recipients with the Saved Recipients drop-down menu, or re-use the administrative contact from the previous screen by checking the Registrant Contact checkbox. When you have entered the information, click the Next >> button.
11. You may now submit documents for Organization Validation (OV) and identifying documents for the recipient by clicking the Choose Files buttons and browsing for the files on your computer. When you are finished uploading files, click the Submit button. If you would like to skip uploading files for now and do it later, you can also click the Skip button.
12. After submitting your document(s), a screen will open with a message that the documents were successfully saved, and the certificate will be shown with a status of pending validation. If you need to upload more validation documents, you can click the upload documents link, located in the Action column.