- Choose an SSL/TLS type from the SSL.com website menu. To compare features, check the SSL Certificates Comparison page.
- Click the Buy Now! button.
- Select a duration for your certificate order, then click the Add to Cart button.
In the shopping cart, you can change the quantity of SSL certificates, remove them from your cart, or return to shopping with the Shop More button. When your order is complete and correct, click Checkout.
- If you are not already logged into your SSL.com account or do not have an account yet, you will be prompted to login or create a new account at the Checkout screen. If you have an account, select I do and I want to log in now, enter your username and password, then click Next >>.
If you do not have an SSL.com account, select I do NOT but I want to create one, fill in the requested information (username, email address, password, and billing information), then click Next >>.
If your account contains existing funds, they will be applied to your purchase. If your account does not contain sufficient funds, you will be prompted to add more. Click Next >> when your account has sufficient funds to complete the transaction.
If your order has been successfully placed, you will see a green bar near the top of the browser window, reading “Order successfully placed. Click here to finish processing your ssl.com certificates.” Click the link.
On the screen that opens, find your certificate order and then click the submit csr link, located in the Action column.
- At this point, you will need to submit a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for the server that will be utilizing the new SSL/TLS certificate. It is always best to generate your CSR and key pair on the web server where you will install the certificate. A list of links to instructions for CSR generation on various platforms (IIS, cPanel, Plesk, and others) can be found in this FAQ.
Fill in the necessary fields to submit your CSR, then click Next >>. A complete guide to CSR submission can be found in our article, Your SSL.com Account – Submitting a CSR.
On the next screen, enter your company details, then click Next >>.
On the next screen, click + Create Contact and then fill in the on-screen form and click Create to add a contact to the order. You must create at least one contact for the certificate, but you can also add more if desired.
- When you are finished adding contacts, click Next >>.
Next, select a method for domain validation. You can validate your control of the domain via email, by adding a CSR hash file to your website, or by creating a DNS record. See our article, What Are The Requirements for SSL.com SSL/TLS Certificate Domain Validation? for complete details on these different methods.
Email validation is simple and straightforward. To validate via email, you will need to have control of one of the authorized email addresses for domain validation:
- Any email address in the WHOIS record for the domain that is visible to SSL.com
When you have selected a validation method for the domain names the certificate will cover, click Validate, then OK in the confirmation dialog box that pops up.
If you chose email validation, you will receive an email message with a 20-character validation code. Copy and paste the code into the input field, then click Submit. If you chose another method, continue with the instructions for that method.
If everything has been done correctly up to this point, your domain has been validated and your certificate is ready for download.
Click the Orders tab, then the download link (located in the Action column).
Click the download link specific to your platform to download a zip file containing your certificate files.
After downloading, install the certificate following the instructions specific to your platform:
We hope you will find the Google translation service helpful, but we don’t promise that Google’s translation will be accurate or complete. You should not rely on Google’s translation. English is the official language of our site.